2011-07-05

Great songs in the Zookeeper trailer can't convince me to part with my money

 This post was originally titled "Awful looking movie trailer features two awfully good songs", but in an effort to increase page views, I'm trying an experiment and changing the title.

Because Google loves when I do these types of posts, I'm going to subject you to a fairly weak analysis of the latest piece of shit movie trailer "starring" "funnyman" Kevin James, Zookeeper.  I suppose I should italicize the title there, but I don't want to encourage these people.

Yep, the trailer uses some remix of the Doobie Brothers "Listen to the Music", then backs it up with a predictable choice, the Talking Heads' "Wild Wild Life", which itself is a weird and somewhat perverse jaunt through a visual medium.  Go on, watch it.  At least so you can see Jerry Harrison dress up as Prince... and, for some reason John Goodman shows up.  Think about this video when considering how great the Talking Heads were, and how it easy it can be for great bands to go into a creative tailspin. 

Anyway, what was the point of this post?  Right, seo bait.  Here ya go:



Zookeeper in theatres Friday!!!11zomg

4 comments:

Adam Walker said...

I think Wild Wild Life is from the movie True Stories, starring John Goodman and written and directed by David Byrne.

Adam
http://walkerweb.ca/blog

phatmat said...

Oh yeah, that's right. I guess even I had forgotten about that.

So it's a song from a movie within a movie trailer. Trailer-ception. We need to go deeper.

Jen said...

What is the name of the song at the beginning of the trailer when he's proposing to the girl and she says no? Does anyone know?

phatmat said...

@Jen

No idea... probably generic/stock marimba music.

Sounds similar to Penguin Cafe Orchestra though.