2010-12-26

Saigon Sunday

This is my attempt at tying in Boxing Day to a band... it's Anything Box with 'Living in Oblivion'... It's weird because it sounds like the guy from Postal Service before that band even existed. Add to that this track sounds like it came out in 1984 when in fact it came out in 1990. So, the lyrics are eerily prescient, as the band is not just living in oblivion now, but in fact living outside the space-time continuum.

Definitely a sonic artifact though. I actually bought the CD at Sam the Record Man back when it was still open... I found this one in the discount bin for a buck. I'd never heard of any of the other tracks, but I figured that the one track alone was at least a dollar, and the rest of the album they were practically giving away at that point.

No comments: