2010-12-15

My mind has just been blown

10 Mind-Blowing Easter Eggs Hidden in Famous Albums

The article starts off cool, but then we get to this part about Radiohead, OK Computer & In Rainbows:
Consider that In Rainbows was meant to complement OK Computer, musically, lyrically, and in structure. We found that the two albums can be knit together beautifully. By combining the tracks to form one playlist, 01 and 10, we have a remarkable listening experience. The transitions between the songs are astounding, and it appears that this was done purposefully.

My first reaction: WHOA
Second reaction: Must verify before continuing to freak out... could this be just another Dark Side of Oz phenomenon? I just made a playlist with the sequence, this will have to be play-tested....

Ok I just got back from play-testing it. I'm not really sold, but it's a cool concept to think about.


This was a pretty astounding article, kudos to the writer!

Link via Recordingformation

No comments: