2010-12-04

And so we enter one of my favourite phases of the music year...

...When I get to catch up on all the music I was too busy to pay attention to throughout the year.

I'm hoping to scoop some of the bigger publications and have my favs of the year lists up some time this month. A few ideas I'm going to go with:

Best albums
Best concerts
Best singles
Most overrated (this might be a whole essay)
Favourite musical moments
Best videos
Top blog posts (of my own of course!)

etc etc


So yeah keep an eye out for that stuff, it'll be coming soon. Hopefully.

Exclaim.ca is already into year-end mode, as is the mighty Pitchfork (don't bother entering their reader poll if you're not in the 50 states). Hipster Runoff did a fucking hilarious decade review in 2k9, hopefully the 2010 review is as good, though that's a tall task.

Popmatters does excellent year end reviews on all strains of pop culture, so check that out. I usually fill up my library queue pretty quick after their year end run downs.

Other than that, watch this space for my own bloggy blog commentary on the year that was (and wasn't)... if, you know... I get around to it. :)

No comments: