2008-09-05

Proof that indie bloggers are losers

CBC Arts: Musical tastes in tune with who you are
The study of more than 36,000 people from six different countries found that people had more in common with fans of their favourite music in other countries than they had with fellow citizens who preferred different styles of music.

North describes it as a new kind of tribalism, based on musical taste.

My favourite line from the whole thing:

indie music lovers lack both self-esteem and the work ethic.

That's right, anyone who listens to Broken Social Scene is a stoned slacker! Get a job, hippie! And cut your hair!

Of course, this all means I'll be committing myself to Arkham tomorrow morning on account of the blatant schizophrenia I suffer through given my wide ranging and eclectic musical taste(s).

No comments: