2008-09-14

Lights in the Sky



Wired: NIN Dazzles With Lasers, LEDs and Stealth Screens

With more than 40 tons of lighting and stage rigging, hundreds of LED lights, a daunting array of professional and custom-built machinery running both archaic and standard commercial VJ software, three different video systems and an array of sensors and cameras, the tour is nothing if not a lavish display of techno wizardry.

This is an awesome article detailing the technical aspects of the most jaw-dropping live show I've ever seen. I've heard people say that KISS shows were the best rock shows they've ever seen... I think I've had my KISS moment after this particular show, all it was missing was the 3-D glasses.

None of the videos available online even come close to doing this show justice. If you get a chance to see them before this tour is up, do it. Seriously. Awesome.

No comments: