2012-04-27

Prototype 2 Game Trailer, featuring a song by Johnny Cash: Colour me bored.

Sorry for the link bait in the title. Haven't had a 'hit' in a while.

As for the TV ad I'm referring to... I'm so tired of it being played ad nauseum. Doesn't make me want to play at all. The web trailer is way worse though, and I'm venturing into cranky old man territory when I say "is this the kind of crap that passes for games these days?" A topic for another day, for sure.

In any case, the TV spot, which has been playing during ad breaks on sports shows lately, features Johnny Cash's cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt".

Check out a great live rendition of the original here - best enjoyed in full screen:

^ that was a killer tour.

It's also not the first time that Johnny Cash has lent himself to a commercial.

Reminder: this was a real, actual thing that aired on television, and not a comedy sketch.

No comments: