2012-04-26

Cool concert neither you nor I went to alert: The Weeknd in Brooklyn

Report: The Weeknd in Brooklyn

Stellar photos at the link.

The guy is doing it the right way with a live band. There's so much more energy in the live performance when you have musicians in the flesh.

"When I found out I was starting my tour in New York, the city that never sleeps," he said during one of the show's few brief conversational interludes, "One song came to mind. I didn't look at it as a motherfucking gig. This is a motherfucking celebration". He then began gyrating-- seemingly involuntarily-- to the Beach House-sampling "The Party & the After Party", its live rendition supplemented with deep, rolling bass. Feeding off the energy of fans so devoted as to smuggle a set of balloons into the venue, Tesfaye seemed supremely excited to share each lyric, narrating his songs like he was telling a juicy story to a close confidant.

Sounds awesome, that would have been an amazing show.

The balloon could have been a clever plant... In any case, to that person, I say: "Classic move. Nice."

No comments: