2011-08-09

Return of Spirit of the Edge?

On Queen Street West there are a bunch of posters on the lamp posts advertising the return of the Spirit of the Edge, aka Saigon Sunday, aka one of my favourite radio programs of all time. 

The Edge-CFNY website doesn't mention the show, and it still lists the Dr Drew radio show as holding the Sunday night slot.  However, the poster says Lori Alan is the host, and she doesn't appear on the host list on the website. 

Going to the live to air show was a university staple for me, and those nights were about the extent of  the "clubbing" I've done.  Part of me wants to check out the event just to see if any of the old crew were there... those nights certainly could draw interesting crowds for damn sure.

I think bringing this show back would also help soften the blow of losing long time personality Alan Cross... but that could just be me, oh so tired of hearing Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Nirvana every single waking hour of the broadcast day.  Those are fine, fine bands, but let's cut down on their play, you know... maybe ten percent?

Anyway, back to the point - Sunday night will be exciting for me if I tune in at 9pm and hear a song like this instead of the Foo Fighters....




No comments: