2011-01-14

Time out for Astrology

Apparently, here in the 21st century, when we're sending spaceships into space and have devices in our pockets that can access the entirety of human knowledge at the press of a button, people still fucking believe in astrology!

I know, I know I could hardly believe it myself. Apparently some article came out telling people "facts" that were incompatible with their world view, and have resorted to saying things like "astrologists already knew that".

It's astonishing and depressing and baffling all at once.

Here's Carl Sagan debunking astrology more than thirty years ago, which is my segue into an excuse to post this track:



Seriously, if you haven't watched the documentary series Cosmos, do yourself a favour and check it out. You will never look at the world the same way again. My horoscope this morning said so.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Any excuse to listen to "A Glorious Dawn" is a good one.
I miss Carl. A voice of reason like his is needed in times like these.

phatmat said...

Unfortunately in this polarizing age, the truth seems to drive people further into their delusions.

Carl had the every-guy sort of persona, and he mostly stayed away from being preachy.