2010-07-19

Wait... what? House uses Massive Attack for its theme song?

I may work in television, but it took me a long time to learn that the theme song for the popular television medical mystery drama House is a song from Massive Attack's excellent Mezzanine album, titled "Teardrop". Not sure if I get why it's relevant to the show, maybe the producers just thought it sounded good. Anyway, I'm sure the band doesn't mind, as that one deal can probably allow them to focus on music and not worry too much about selling records, which is definitely a good thing.

Here's a clip of the track that's garnered over three million views, and isn't even an official video... pretty rad. I'm surprised this one hasn't been taken down, but I guess the label people dig it. Neat concept though:

No comments: