2010-07-08

Polaris Prize Shortlist

It's that time of year again. Time to debate about a bunch of albums most of us haven't even had the chance to hear. The 2010 Polaris Prize short list is up!

It's a mix of conservative and way-out-there picks, including a couple of previous shortlisters and even winners... plus the most francophone albums I've ever seen on their shortlist, which is awesome.

Maybe the prize people put Caribou on there so they could award themselves... he won it previously and that cash probably helped him record the new one. Kind of like a return on your investment?

If I had my guess, I'd say it'll be Dan Mangan's Vonnegut inspired album... or one of the francophone groups, just to stay edgy. Then again Shad seems like a cool guy. Jeez I don't know. I guess they're all winners in a way *rolls eyes*

Overall, not the greatest year for Polaris, but these artists will hopefully see a sales spike and really that's what it all comes down to, keeping the industry healthy.

No comments: