2009-10-27

A most unwelcome return

Run for the hills, Creed is back. And with a song pompously titled 'Overcome', no less. Here's a sample of their lyrical gems:

Don’t cry victim to me
everything we are and used to be
is buried and gone

How can that be, when they sound exactly the fucking same as before? I think Scott Stapp is taking the Jesus-resurrection thing a bit too far.

Check out the video that looks like it was shot for the money they stole from their church collection plate:



And the 'Tube commenters couldn't be any dumber.
jstryker77 writes:
All I can say is...HOLY CRAP!
I am completely blown away by the new album.
I was excited when I heard about the reunion but I wasn't expecting this great of an album...sorry I underestimated you guys!
Creed was probably the first band that I listened to religiously...and even though my taste in rock music has completely changed, Creed will always be a major inspiration and influence in my life and music.
God bless you dudes!
FREAKIN AWESOME!


The apocalypse is upon us, the end is nigh.

===


In the words of David Cross
, "I'd rather hear the death rattle of my only child than have to listen to that fucking shit." True say, David. True say.

No comments: