2007-09-21

LCD Nixed

The other night I was checking the musical guest on Leno, and to my surprise, the Info box said 'LCD Soundsystem'. I was very excited. So excited, in fact, that I actually watched seconds of Ali Larter and Dane Cook flinging feces at each other as Jay joined in. Then came the welcome break of the commercial... after minutes of channel flipping, the moment had come. This was going to be so cool! Would James Murphy be as drunk as he usually is at the shows? Would the band be 'rocking' it up this evening? Would Win Butler make a surprise appearance? The answers, of course, were moot, because when the commercial ended, Leno introduced not the dance/post-punk combo, but Chris Cornell.

There he was, and I thank Thor that he didn't play Billie Jean (see previous posts). With my last ounce of strength, I shut the TV off as watched Mr. Cornell settle his hand in pocket and begin to croon away. How disappointing.

No comments: