2013-04-16

A sort of Coachella 2013 review

I spent a good portion of Friday and Saturday night with the Coachella stream on one screen and the Jays game on another.

Lots of surprises on the weekend - I was blown away by the sets from Blur and Hot Chip, and disappointed with Japandroids and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, who seemed to be unable to stay in key throughout their sets. It could have been the fact that the stream highlighted and magnified the deficiencies in the performance... being in the audience might have made it much more enjoyable.

I'd assume that they're streaming it again next weekend, but I have no idea. I'd watch it again, for sure. Looks like it's the same set and running order except Blur and the Stone Roses are swapped on Friday night.

Also, thanks to Ian for reminding me that the stream was happening.

No comments: