2013-01-11

2013 Oscar noms are up

Whenever the Oscar nominees are announced, the first I thing I do is check the Best Song, Score and the sound editing/mixing categories. I guess I haven't been keeping up with my films this year cause I haven't seen any of these. Skyfall is at the top of my list though.

I figure Adele will take Best Song on the extensive marketing campaigns alone. When the song first debuted there were countless stories about how it was "the greatest Bond song ever", when that just isn't the case. It's good, but doubtful it's the best ever, and it's even harder to just make that statement before the song has even been released to the public.

As for the other categories, I have no idea whatsoever. Alexandre Desplat has done some good scores, so maybe his track record gets him the award this year.

I'd vote for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo soundtrack, but I'm heavily biased.

No comments: