2011-10-15

The Pogues - Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

I'm sorting through some tunes, and making an iTunes playlist of this Edge 1002 songs of all time chart from the turn of the millenium. It has an ultimate playlist feel, and the fact that it cuts off at 1999 makes some of the poorer tracks worth listening to for kitsch/retro value.

But apparently, I don't every song in the universe after all... this one comes in at 111 on the list:



This song is a lot of fun, and will make a great addition to my collection. Hearing this definitely makes me want to get unlazy and start doing those Saigon Sunday posts again... In the coming weeks/months, if I decide to keep plugging holes in the chart, I will share more songs that I come across. A bunch of these tunes are extremely tough to come by, through legal methods or otherwise. Some of these cuts were mid-80s vinyl tracks that were never released in CD format. I may end up spending a fortune on imported and rare CDs on eBay though...

No comments: