2008-11-13

Talkin' bout Girl

Apparently, the latte-lamenting hipsters over at blogto didn't dig Girl Talk's Toronto set on Wednesday night. I wasn't there, but I'll have to take their word for it.

Nice to see someone going against the grain as far as the effusive praise showered on Mr. Gillis, and I totally agree that a dude playing a laptop is a lame set. There's just no way around it. His records are brilliant, but the guy is at best an entertainer, at worst a scalper. Just don't call him a musician.

On the other hand, anyone who can get the staid, zombie-like concert goers of this city to dance just a little god damn bit has to be given some credit... right? And I hope the irony of calling out hipsters on a hipster blog isn't lost on the author.

---

And now, a song that has nothing to do with the post, but popped into my head after I wrote the title to this post:


Love Removal Machine - The Cult

No comments: